INDIAN HEAD MASSAGE
Recommended for: Everyone!
Working on the head brings tremendous relaxation and relief form stress-related symptoms, as well as tension, fatigue, insomnia, headaches, migraines and sinusitis.
Traditional Indian Head Massage originated in India and included just the head, but today’s treatments incorporate the face, neck, upper arms and shoulders too – the areas the accumulate high levels of stress and tension.
This 30-minute, seated treatment can be carried out with or without oil, so if you are short of time or would prefer not to get oil in your hair, that’s absolutely fine. If possible, though, the sensation of the oil does make the treatment more enjoyable and it does wonders for your hair and scalp too.
The benefits of Indian Head Massage
Indian Head Massage brings about a number of physical and emotional benefits:
- General and specific relaxation for muscles, providing immediate relief
- Breaking down of fibrous adhesions (knots)
- Release of toxins from tense and knotted muscles
- Improved stimulation and circulation of the lymphatic system, to aid with the removal of toxins
- Relief from still and sore neck and shoulders
- Loosening of tension in the scalp and head
- Whole body relaxation
- Improved oxygen uptake in tissues throughout the body
- Better blood circulation
- Allows for additional oxygen to reach the brain
- Restoration of joint mobility